Monday, November 14, 2005

Look out Godzilla!


Giant Jellyfish Menace Japan - Look out, Godzilla!

Corning is preparing for its annual Hometown Christmas. The event will take place this Saturday and will feature arts and crafts booths, food vendors, a visit from Santa, a live Nativity scene, and a lighted parade. Hopefully, this wonderful weather we are enjoying will continue.

Although this event has taken place prior to Thanksgiving for many years, I believe that a date after Thanksgiving would be more appropriate. I often hear others opine similarly. Most of the store windows along Solano Street are adorned with Christmas decorations. I adhere strongly to tradition, however, and have Thanksgiving decorations in my window. Following Thanksgiving, the Christmas decorations will appear there. I will enjoy the parade, however.