Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Cold But Dry -- Time to Vote



"A guy witnesses an accident." Get your morning's laugh here!

The rain stopped during the night, and it is 61 degrees but seems much colder because of the wind. Brrrr.

I am pleased that the rain has stopped for now, since this presents a greater potential for a good voter turnout for today's election here in California. As I mentioned in a previous entry, I vote absentee and recommend this highly. It costs 74 cents to mail my absentee ballot, but RAMMMMM would guzzle more than 74 cents worth of fuel to travel the six blocks to the polling place.

The sun is peeking out from the clouds! The wind appears to be abating. The Web cam is active on my desktop as a 30fps live video feed, which allows me to monitor the weather from the relative safety of my desk.

It seems that this month is passing quickly. Soon, it will be Thanksgiving. If someone is addicted to Thanksgiving leftovers, can he quit cold turkey?