Thursday, February 09, 2006

Smell That Smell, The Spy Who Came in From the Cold, -and- Just Say "Nyet"


Smell That Smell - teenager busted for drinking because of breath
The Spy Who Came in From the Cold - CIA employee charged with burglaries
Just Say "Nyet" - Russia running low on vodka

I love it when the weatherperson forecasts rain and is wrong! It is beautiful yet again today. The rain that was predicted is nowhere to be seen. It was 64 degrees at 8:30 AM, and it should soon be in the 70s.

I watched "Iron Chef" last evening. The theme ingredient was black pig, a rare and expensive breed of porcine beast. Provided with a wide variety of premium cuts of this precious creature, the challenger chose ears for one of his dishes, and the iron chef chose feet for one of his! While I have no doubt whatever that these world-class chefs managed to make the ears and feet taste delicious, I could not keep myself from asking, "Why?" The iron chef won the competition. Presumably, feet are tastier than ears.

While not as exotic as the feet and ears of black pig, I had a delicious treat last evening: Laura brought me two large slices of Sierra Nevada pizza--remnants from her lunch. It was excellent, and--while I have no empirical frame of reference--I prefer it to the ears and feet of black pig.