Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Is That You, Chupa? -and- Philomena


Is That You, Chupa? - the mystery beast of Borneo

Philomena has arrived! I am salivating copiously, longing to feel her power throbbing in my hand, but I must wait! First, I must charge her battery. I am quivering with anticipation, my pulse is rapid and irregular, my vision is blurred, and my right hand clutches at her and must be restrained by my left. Soon, she will be ready to be put into service!

I took advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday and grilled a large chicken. I cut a whole roasting hen in half and gave it a very spicy dry rub. I grilled the halves for fifteen minutes on each side on high, charring the skin and melting away the fat. I then placed the grilled halves on a baking sheet and placed in the oven for two hours at 200 degrees. It was incredible. Steamed spaghetti squash accompanied it.