Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Turn Me Loose!, Heat of the Moment, -and- Survivor


Turn Me Loose! - 12-year-old girl sues 80-year-old husband for divorce
Heat of the Moment - daughter blames mother's flatulence for global warming
Survivor - man trapped for three days by deep snow in SUV

On this day in history: February 10, 1863 - Midgets Tom Thumb and Lavinia Warren married in a ceremony promoted and orchestrated by P.T. Barnum, reception tickets $75 (adjusted for inflation, $1250 in today's dollars). Commodore Nutt served as best man.

Born on this day in history: February 10, 1967 - Laura Dern (1967 - ) Los Angeles, California, native Laura Dern turned heads as David Lynch's ingénue in the cult hits Blue Velvet (1986) and Wild at Heart (1990). But Dern is best known for her role in the blockbuster hit Jurassic Park, which broke box-office records. Her recent role in the 2008 drama Recount won the actress a Golden Globe.

Scripture of the Day: If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. — 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Video of the Day: Classic TV Commercials - submitted by Danica





The Mystery Camerawoman Click to enlarge.
Yesterday afternoon, I noticed a woman operating a news video camera. She was positioned on the sidewalk in front of my office and had her camera pointed as you see in this image. I intended to approach her and ask her what she was doing, but a client entered my office, and by the time the client left, the camerawoman had gathered her equipment and was loading it into an SUV. The SUV had no markings on it of any sort. I shall solve this mystery and report my findings.






Technology News
Apple vs. Flash -- to the death?
Google's Buzz puts Facebook, Twitter on notice
YouTube adds parental controls
Log in with your face
26 Windows, Office holes patched in 13 bulletiins