Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fear and Loathing on the Web, This Isn't My Stop!, -and- The Roaming Gnomes


Fear and Loathing on the Web - Harrison Ford hates the Internet
This Isn't My Stop! - passenger plane lands at wrong airport
The Roaming Gnomes - lawn ornaments mysteriously migrate

Grilling season will arrive someday! In anticipation of this, here is one of my original marinade recipes:

Spicy Grilling Marinade/Sauce
4 oz raw thistle honey
4 oz tequila
2 limes, juice of
4 tbsp garlic, pureed
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1/2 tbsp oregano, chopped
1/2 tbsp basil, chopped
1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
Combine ingredients in warm glass mixing bowl. Mix ingredients slowly with bamboo brush. Pour marinade into plastic storage bag and add fowl, fish, or meat to be grilled. Seal bag and refrigerate for four to six hours (or overnight) before grilling. Baste often while grilling.

Here is a photograph I took of Linda Ronstadt in concert at Hughes Stadium, Sacramento, CA, in 1974. Press credentials allowed me to go backstage, where I enjoyed a brief visit with Linda.