Friday, September 26, 2014

Edge of Tomorrow, In the News, and Enjoy

Edge of Tomorrow - Edge of Tomorrow is a strange movie.

An officer (Tom Cruise) finds himself caught in a time loop in a war with the alien race. His skills increase as he faces the same brutal combat scenarios, and his union with a Special Forces warrior (Emily Blunt) gets him closer to defeating the enemy.

I am not a fan of Tom Cruise. I enjoy the Mission Impossible movies, but they are fantasies, and I accept them as pure entertainment.

Edge of Tomorrow is fantasy, certainly, but Cruise's acting goes well beyond fantasy and slips into low comedy often. I cannot refrain from imagining another actor in the role and how much the movie would benefit from that.

Emily Blunt's performance is excellent, and Bill Paxton's portrayal of Master Sergeant Farell is outstanding.

IMDB gives the movie a rating of 8.1. I would rate it 8.1 quickly, were another actor in the lead role. As it is, I rate it 6.0.

This is not to suggest that I do not recommend the movie. I do! If you enjoy action and special effects as I do, the movie will not disappoint you.

In the News - They walk among us!

  • NYC Mailman Hoarded 40,000 Pieces of Undelivered Mail in His Home, Car, Locker
  • Struggling U.S. Postal Service Wants to Deliver Groceries
  • Man Charged with Smuggling 51 Turtles in His Sweatpants
  • U.S. Military to Allow Undocumented Immigrants to Serve
  • Uber Driver in Orlando Arrested for Groping Passenger

    Enjoy - Relax and enjoy these images and videos!