Thursday, October 03, 2013

Federal Government Shutdown and Enjoy

Federal Government Shutdown - How will the shutdown of the Federal Government affect me?

  • I have my costume chosen for this year's Halloween: I am going as the ghost of the Federal Government!

  • Remember: We must go to work today in order to help pay the salaries of Congressmen who do not go to work today!

  • Will this shutdown affect the taste of my nachos?

    Short answer: No.

    Long answer: It should not. The government shutdown causes many nonessential federal employees to be placed on furlough, but it should not affect the way that cheese tastes when melted onto tortilla chips and dipped into salsa.

  • I like eating nachos outside. What does the shutdown mean for me?

    Short answer: Nothing.

    Long answer: Eating nachos outside rocks. Sipping on a brew, taking a bite of some spicy nachos and then breathing that crisp, fall air—nothing better than that. Just do not expect to eat nachos in one of our National Parks, because they are closed because of the shutdown. Nothing enhances the majesty of Yosemite like a plate of nachos; but for now, it is just not happening.

  • I am waiting for a Federal loan to start a small business selling nachos. What's up?

    Short answer: A lot is up.

    Long answer: Your Federal small business loan will not be processed while this government shutdown is in effect.

    Enjoy - Relax and enjoy these images and videos!