Monday, July 15, 2013

The Bacon Weave Choco Taco and Happy Monday!

The Bacon Weave Choco Taco - The Bacon Weave Choco Taco will destroy you. Fear and loathing overcame me when I viewed this creature early this morning. I was not yet fully awake, and the image of this noxious food item caused me to palpitate and, ultimately, eschew breakfast. It was only following a lengthy period of repose and contemplation that I felt able to address the bowl of corn flakes that Laura had set before me.


Saturday evening, we feasted upon cheeseburgers. The beef patties were from Omaha Steaks—included in a birthday/anniversary present of various meat products sent us by our dear friend, Chris. Here is an image of the items which adorned the patties when they reached our plates.

The cheeseburgers were delicious. For buns, we used everything bagels. We also enjoyed a quantity of extra-crisp fries.

For desert, we luxuriated in a Kahlua cheesecake from The Upper Crust Bakery in Chico.

The cheesecake was a birthday present from Laura's employer, Sierra Nevada

The Upper Crust Bakery produces incredible cakes and other wonderful bakery items.


Happy Monday!