Wednesday, December 04, 2013

National Cookie Day, Philosophical Statements, and Enjoy

National Cookie Day - Today is National Cookie Day!

The English word "cookie" is derived from the Dutch word "koekje," which means little cake.

Dutch bakers used to test oven temperatures on small amounts of batter so that they would not waste the entire cake mix if the temperature was not right. It was not long before they discovered that these tiny pieces of cooked batter were actually quite tasty!

Cookies come in all different flavors, shapes, and sizes. To celebrate National Cookie Day, bake a few batches of your favorite variety and invite your friends over for a cookie swap!

Philosophical Statements - Here are some philosophical statements from famous people:

  • As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder. - John Glenn
  • America is the only country where a significant proportion of the population believes that professional wrestling is real but the moon landing was faked. - David Letterman
  • I'm not a paranoid, deranged millionaire! I'm a billionaire. - Howard Hughes
  • The only reason they say "Women and children first" is to test the strength of the lifeboats. - Jean Kerr
  • A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing. - Emo Philips.
  • Wood burns faster when you have to cut and chop it yourself. - Harrison Ford
  • The best cure for sea sickness, is to sit under a tree. - Spike Milligan
  • Lawyers believe a man is innocent until proven broke. - Robin Hall
  • Having more money doesn't make you happier. I have 50 million dollars, but I was just as happy as when I had 48 million. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • We are here on earth to do good unto others. What the others are here for, I have no idea. - WH Auden
  • If life were fair Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead. - Johnny Carson
  • I don't believe in astrology. I am a Sagittarius and we're very skeptical. - Arthur C. Clarke
  • Hollywood must be the only place on earth where you can be fired by a man wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a baseball cap. - Steve Martin

    Enjoy - Relax and enjoy these images and videos!