Friday, August 09, 2013

Book Lovers Day, Chicken Livers, and Enjoy!

Book Lovers Day - Book Lovers Day encourages one to find a place in the shade to relax with a good book.

Book reading is a great hobby. It is also an important one. Employers look for it on résumés. Reading is educational, informative, and relaxing.

Book Lovers Day is a great day to celebrate. Celebrating Book Lovers Day is pleasurable on the deck, under a shady tree, poolside, or in a cozy hammock. If you fall asleep while reading, that is okay. It is all part of the relaxing benefits of being a book lover.

I generally read 3 - 5 books weekly. I read them in eBook format, using the Amazon Kindle Reader on my Nexus 7 2013 or my Samsung Galaxy S4. I often hear people espouse the superiority of experience holding and reading a physical, paper book. I fully disagree and find it more intimate and compelling reading by electronic means.


Chicken Livers - Laura and I enjoy chicken livers. I made our favorite chicken liver recipe for dinner last evening.

I cook Jasmine rice in the microwave: I place one cup of rice and two cups of water in a casserole dish. I cover with a damp paper towel and cook on high for five minutes. I stir the rice and cook for another five minutes. I rinse the chicken livers and coat them with panko bread crumbs. I sauté the chicken livers in extra-virgin olive oil until brown and crisp. I add chopped green onions and crushed red peppers, stir to incorporate, and pour over the rice. I place the lid on the casserole dish and take it to the table.

We use generous amounts of sriracha sauce as a condiment. This is a wonderful, delightful meal!


Enjoy! - Relax and enjoy these images and videos!