Monday, April 03, 2006

Red Alert, Monkey Business, -and- Dive In!


Red Alert - Mike Tyson pays respects to Mao
Monkey Business - professor says Darwin's theory on last legs
Dive In! - 500-pound salad made in swimming pool

POSER: (Congratulations to Cindy for solving!)
Q: When a farmer in the Army is jilted, what sort of mail does he receive?
A: A John Deere letter!

Spring is still in hiding! It rained, albeit lightly, most of the weekend and continues to rain today. The birds are not singing.

When I arrived at my office this morning and unlocked my door, a woman exited a car, followed me into my office, and entered into a tirade, saying that she had an appointment for 9 AM on Saturday. She said she arrived just before 9 AM and waited over an hour before giving up and returning home. She said she called and left messages that were not returned.

I said, "You did not have an appointment with me. My office is closed on Saturday." She looked at me and said nothing, so I added, "You have come to the wrong location, and you are two days late for your appointment! My hope is that the person with whom you had an appointment will show greater understanding and forgiveness than you have exhibited!"

Here is a photograph I took of Maria Muldaur in concert at the Senator Theatre, Chico, CA, in 1974. Click to enlarge.