Thursday, April 27, 2006

It's a Dogg's Life, Left Behind, -and- Shut Up!


It's a Dogg's Life - rapper arrested at Heathrow Airport
Left Behind - surgeons find 8-inch forceps in girl's abdomen
Shut Up! - teacher charged with taping students' mouths

69 degrees at 8:30 AM! Spring has arrived! Yesterday afternoon was so warm that I was tempted to turn on the air conditioning! I did not, however; I could not bring myself to lower the interior temperature after waiting so long for this warm weather to arrive!

Our annual Car Show is near (May 12th and 13th), so this beautiful weather is welcomed with great glee!

The local market, Sav-Mor Foods, had London Broil on sale for $2.59 per pound. I selected a beautiful specimen Tuesday night on the way home from the office, and we had it for dinner last evening. Laura put a spicy dry rub on it and grilled it perfectly. I made a side dish with rigatoni, extra-virgin olive oil, Cajun spices, red pepper flakes, and assorted baby vegetables (zucchini, green beans, white onions, red and yellow bell peppers, yellow squash, and carrots). It was a delightful meal.