Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Never Too Young, Man in the Box, -and- Animal Kingdom


Never Too Young - 16-year-old runs for Fremont city council
Man in the Box - Minneapolis man accidentally boarded up in his house
Animal Kingdom - lion escapes zoo, swims to school

On this day in history: June 10, 1692 - Bridget Bishop is hanged at Gallows Hill near Salem, Massachusetts after having been convicted of "certaine Detestable Arts called Witchcraft & Sorceries." Bishop is just the first casualty of what will come to be known as the Salem Witch Trials.

Born on this day in history: June 10, 1922 - Judy Garland (1922 - 1969) Born Frances Gumm in Grand Rapids, MN, actress and singer Judy Garland was a child star in "The Wizard of Oz," but career demands and drug problems caused difficulties. Concerts and occasional films continued with public success, but her private life was full of overwhelming difficulties, and she died from an apparent overdose of sleeping pills.

Scripture of the Day: I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride
adorns herself with her jewels. - Isaiah 61:10


Video of the Day: KEN BLOCK GYMKHANA TWO THE INFOMERCIAL - submitted by Frank





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while driving to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.





COPS

I was preparing to journey to Chico yesterday afternoon. I had several errands that required my traveling to Chico. As I sat in Mr. Nitro and prepared for my departure, this scene presented itself:





I do not have any details regarding this. There is nothing in the news this morning. My curiosity must be satisfied, so I shall investigate the matter thoroughly.