Friday, March 27, 2009

Somebody's Watching You, Weapons of Choice, -and- The Worm Turns


Somebody's Watching You - new cameras in police cruisers can scan thousands of license plates daily
Weapons of Choice - South Dakota gun owners glad to see waiting period go
The Worm Turns - Conflicter worm coming April 1

On this day in history: March 27, 1866 - Patent for a urinal is granted to Andrew Rankin.

Born on this day in history: March 27, 1963 - Quentin Tarantino (1963- ) Born in Knoxville, TN, filmmaker Quentin Tarantino sold scripts to fund production of "Reservoir Dogs" (1992), in which he was director, screenwriter and actor. Its success, and successor "Pulp Fiction" (1994), which won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay, brought him celebrity status.

Scripture of the Day: I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. - Romans 8:18

Video of the Day: Will It Blend? - iPhone 3G - submitted by Cindy





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while passing the lake on the way to my office! Click to enlarge.






Last Evening's Dinner: For dinner last evening, I made Sautéed Chicken Livers with Green Onions over Rice. I washed and dried a container of Foster Farms chicken livers. I seasoned a container of Mexican bread crumbs with adobo seasoning, granulated garlic, and a blend of ground chile de arbol and ground Cayenne. I poured the seasoned bread crumbs into a large Glad container, added the chicken livers, placed the lid on the container, and shook to thoroughly coat the chicken livers. I prepared a cup (dry) of Jasmine rice in the electric rice cooker. I sautéed the chicken livers in extra-virgin olive oil. When the chicken livers were fully cooked, I tossed chopped green onions over them, turned off the burner, and allowed the livers and onions to rest for two minutes. Laura spread the cooked rice on a serving platter. She placed the chicken livers and onions atop the rice and drizzled the olive oil remaining in the sauté pan over this. It was a very delicious meal.