Friday, March 06, 2009

Fighting Back, The Will of the People, -and- Stupid Criminals


Fighting Back - gun store clerk shoots would-be robber
The Will of the People - supporters of traditional marriage buoyed by arguments
Stupid Criminals - man used debit card to buy drink in alleged holdup

On this day in history: March 6, 1836 - The Alamo was seized by Santa Ana.

Born on this day in history: March 6, 1947 - Rob Reiner (1947- ) Born in New York City, actor, director and producer Rob Reiner became famous on TV show "All in the Family" (1971 - ?), which won two Emmys. He made his directorial debut in 1984 with "This Is Spinal Tap," and went on to produce and direct other films, notably "When Harry Met Sally" (1989).

Scripture of the Day: Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD. - Psalm 119:1

Video of the Day: Easy Nerf Gun Hack - submitted by Darin





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while passing the park on the way to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.






What a Way to Start the Day! While driving to my office this morning, I saw the flashing lights of a patrol car several blocks ahead. As I neared the scene, I saw that two patrol cars had a vehicle stopped across from my office. I entered my office and watched officers administer field sobriety testing to one of the occupants of this vehicle. Ultimately, this woman was handcuffed and taken away in one of the patrol cars. I thought how sad it was that someone would be impaired at 6:45 AM through the use of alcohol or drugs! While driving while impaired is certainly unacceptable and threatening to other motorists, someone being intoxicated at 6:45 AM is truly disturbing. I prayed for the deliverance of this woman from the demons that possessed her.

The Old Man
An old man and woman were married for many years, even though they hated
each other. When they had a confrontation, screaming and yelling could be heard deep into the night.

The old man would shout, "When I die, I will dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!"

Neighbors feared him. They believed he practiced black magic, because of the many strange occurrences that took place in their neighborhood.

The old man liked the fact that he was feared. To everyone's relief, he died of a heart attack when he was 98.

His wife had a closed casket at the wake. After the burial, she went straight to the local bar and began to party, as if there was no tomorrow.

Her neighbors, concerned for her safety, asked, "Aren't you afraid that he may indeed be able to dig his way up and out of the grave and come back to haunt you for the rest of your life?"

The wife put down her drink and said, "Let him dig. I had him buried upside down."