Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Let's Make a Deal, The Star Treatment, -and- Weapons of Choice


Let's Make a Deal - trio swaps two children for cockatoo
The Star Treatment - paparazzi turning lenses on politicians
Weapons of Choice - Illinois arguing over concealed carry permits

On this day in history: March 3, 1934 - John Dillinger escapes from an escape-proof jail in Crown Point Indiana, using a wooden pistol he carved himself. It's his second escape.

Born on this day in history: March 3, 1962 - Jackie Joyner-Kersee (1962 - ) Born in East St Louis, Mo., track and field athlete Jackie Joyner-Kersee is considered one of the greatest female athletes in history. She has won numerous Olympic medals from 1984 to 1992.

Scripture of the Day: Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. - Psalm 37:3

Video of the Day: The Crevasse - Making of 3D Street Art - submitted by Danica





Imagine my surprise when I encountered these steam-powered cars while driving past the lake on the way to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.






Recommended New Site: Ishi Archery Club I just completed the construction of this new site and invite all to visit and see what the club offers!

The Weather: Weather forecasts have been in a continuous state of flux lately. It is difficult to place any credibility on weather reports. It is more realistic to simply look out the window and propose—based upon what one sees outside that window—what the weather shall be for the balance of the day. This methodology was not particularly successful this morning, however: When I looked through the window of our home and viewed the sidewalk outside, I made the forecast that today would be dry. The sidewalk was dry, and it did not appear that it had rained recently. 30 minutes later, however, I peered at the live feed from my Web cam on my desktop and saw that the rain was descending amain! The wind that howled all night has not abated. It is a fierce wind that accompanies the rain. My new forecast is for a truly hideous, wet, windy, dark, dismal day! Nonetheless, I shall rejoice in the day, since it is the day the Lord has made for us!