Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crime DOES Pay, No Barking Please, -and- Poor Loser


Crime DOES Pay - Mexican drug lord makes Forbes richest list with $1 billion
No Barking Please - hot dogs used in weapons heist
Poor Loser - defeated candidate charged with bat attack near polls

On this day in history: March 12, 1980 - A Chicago jury finds John Wayne Gacy guilty of the murders of 33 men and boys. The next day, he is sentenced to death; after years on death row, Gacy is finally executed in May 10, 1994.

Born on this day in history: March 12, 1922 - Jack Kerouac (1922 - 1969) Born in Lowell, MA, writer Jack Kerouac is best known for "On the Road" (1957), a semi-autobiographical tale that spoke for the Beat Generation. Trying to escape notoriety, he drank heavily and lived out his final years back in Lowell with his mother.

Scripture of the Day: Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request. - 1 Chronicles 4:10

Video of the Day: OFASTS Gun Apocalypse - submitted by Frank





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while passing the lake on the way to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.






Creatures! One of my brothers and I met with a real estate agent yesterday at a house he and I and our younger brother inherited and wish to place on the market. While there, I saw that there are many plants, trees, and flowers blossoming, and I spotted several bees and dragonflies among the blossoms. I shall return this afternoon and seek out photographic opportunities! It is forecast to be 72° this afternoon. The possibility of finding suitable creatures to pose for me should be excellent. My Nikon D3 DSLR and Micro-Nikkor 105mm AF-S VR f/2.8G IF-ED lens cry out for subjects!