Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Prawns, Penne, and Cats

Prawns and Penne - Saturday, Laura and I enjoyed a wonderful feast: She grilled beautiful New York strip steaks and portabella mushrooms. Laura made a nice marinade for the steaks and mushrooms, and they were wonderful. While she grilled, I cooked a package of penne until al dente, drained, and set aside. I put butter, extra-virgin olive oil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, and ground basil in a large sauté pan. I sautéed this for a few minutes then added a package of baby spinach that I had julienned. I stirred this for a few minutes, added the penne, and stirred.

The meal was excellent, and there was a quantity of penne remaining. Sunday evening, Laura cleaned and marinated some enormous prawns. Last evening, she grilled the prawns quickly indoors on a special grilling pan. She reheated half of the leftover penne and added the prawns to the penne. Words fail me. This photograph will suffice: