Friday, January 26, 2007

Shhh!, Smile!, -and- Shut Up!


Shhh! - school bans talking at lunch
Smile! - teacher put boy's head in photocopier
Shut Up! - court rules boy's screaming killed chickens

On this day in history: January 26, 1998 - Residents of the Japanese town of Ito are attacked by a pack of raving wild monkeys. A total of 26 were injured and had to receive rabies shots. It remains unclear why the monkeys chose to attack.

Born on this day in history: January 26, 1961 - Wayne Gretzky (1961 - ____) ice-hockey player. He became perhaps the greatest player in the history of the National Hockey League (NHL); first player to win the MVP Hart Trophy 8 years in a row.

Today's Video: Oil Change Mishap!





VIDEOS: The videos are now available via the link "Amazing and Amusing Videos" in the Links section, below the visitor counter.

RAMMMMM Update: RAMMMMM departed for his new home in San Luis Obispo at 10:45 AM. I am saddened by his departure, yet I am satisfied he is going to a good home, and I am excited by the prospect of seeking his replacement.

RAMMMMM Update: The buyer called yesterday afternoon and said he was displeased with the way RAMMMMM handled on the freeway. I told him I would meet him at my office in the morning and unwind the deal. This morning at 7:45 AM, I walked to my office (White Fang is still unwell and unable to leave the confines of the house), met the buyer, unwound the sale, and returned home with RAMMMMM.