Monday, July 13, 2015

Gun Control: Control Your Gun

Gun Control: Control Your Gun - I have a nice A/V system at my office. It consists of a 39" Vizio LCD HDTV, an Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel Home Theater receiver, 5 speakers, a powered sub-woofer, Chromecast, Fire TV, and Roku.

I spoke last week of my enjoyment of classic television programs. I spoke of how YouTube has a great many classic television programs available for viewing, and I gave some examples.

YouTube is a great resource for instructional videos of all types. For example, I shall soon be upgrading the magazine release on a Ruger 10/22 rifle—installing an extended magazine release that will more efficiently accommodate changing magazines. This upgrade is of particular interest to Californians, since this state allows a maximum magazine capacity of 10 rounds.

Searching for "Ruger 10/22 extended magazine release," for example, returns several links to videos showing how this upgrade is accomplished.

YouTube has a great many videos dealing with gun control. In this venue, "gun control" refers to controlling guns, that is, hitting the target.

Gun safety is critical. Hitting the target means one is not hitting something other than the intended target!

Practice is important in any sport, and it is of particular importance with regard to shooting sports.