Thursday, July 23, 2015

Beautiful Morning

Beautiful Morning - What could possibly darken this beautiful, cool (59°), clear morning? I imagined that nothing could!

Following several wickedly hot (triple-digit) days, the cool morning seemed nearly dream-like. I drove to mine office and began the day. I soon received an email confirming my appointment as a Dealer by Hogue, Inc. (the premier manufacturer of pistol grips, rifle stocks, etc.). I was joyous!

THEN the telephone rang. The Caller ID said, "CA Gov." I thought that was odd, but thought it best to answer the call.

ME: "California Technologies."
CALLER: "Yes may I to speak to Mr. David please?"
ME: "What is this concerning?"
CALLER: "Is this Mr. David?"
ME: "What is this concerning?"
CALLER: "Yes may I to speak to Mr. David?"
ME: "No."
CALLER: "Is this Mr. David?"
ME: "No."
CALLER: "Urgent matter to speak to Mr. David."
ME: "What is urgent to you may well not be urgent to him. What is the nature of this call?"
CALLER: "Is this Mr. David?"
ME: "I grow weary of this banter and am now exiting. PLONK"

Nearly immediately, the telephone rang, displaying the same Caller ID. I let it go to voice mail, and the caller left no message.

I shall not allow this to darken my day!