Stupid Criminals - robber returns to ask victim for date
Grin and Bear It - Walmart not happy with "People of Walmart" site
Beach Rage - man tosses jellyfish at teens
On this day in history: September 10, 1977 - Convicted torture-killer Hamida Djandoubi, an immigrant from Tunisia, becomes the last person executed by France when he is guillotined in Marseilles.
Born on this day in history: September 10, 1929 - Arnold Palmer (1929 - ) Born in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, golfer Arnold Palmer was instrumental in popularizing the sport. He won 91 tournaments in his career, playing in six Ryder Cups (1961 – 1973).
Scripture of the Day: The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out. — Proverbs 10:9
Video of the Day: Jet Boat Crashes - submitted by Frank
Imagine my surprise when I encountered this item offered at Walmart while journeying to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.
Updates for iTunes and iPhone iTunes + QuickTime v.9 and iPhone OS 3.1 are now available. When iTunes starts, click on Help/Check for Updates. The iTunes + QuickTime and iPhone Configuration Utility download window will open. Choose Download and Install, and the files will download and install. Connect your iPhone to your computer, and iTunes will alert you that there is an OS update available. Choose to download and install.
[NOTE: I hope your update goes more smoothly than mine did! After downloading the OS 3.1 update, the process failed twice during the backup of my iPhone. The third time, it completed successfully. I have not updated Laura's iPhone yet.]
These are the bug fixes and improvements included in the iPhone OS 3.1 Software Update:
• Genius recommendations for Applications
• iTunes 9 support
- Genius Mixes
- Organize your apps directly in iTunes
- Improved syncing options for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts and photos
- iTunes U content organization
• Redeem iTunes Gift cards, codes and certificates in the App Store
• Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
• Browse and download ringtones wirelessly from the iTunes Store*
• Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
• Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
• Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
• Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
• Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
• Paste phone numbers into the Keypad
• Option to use Home button to turn on Accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
• Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
• Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
• Fixes issue that caused some app icons to display incorrectly
Apple iTunes 9 kills Palm Pre's sync, again
Mozilla patches holes in Firefox 3.5, 3.0
Home Sharing bug in iTunes 9?
Hands on with Apple's iPhone OS 3.1
New iPhone OS 3.1 reversing jailbreaks