Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fighting Back, Spare the Rod, -and- Snakes in the Grass


Fighting Back - student kills intruder with sword
Spare the Rod - woman arrested for spanking stranger's 2-year-old child
Snakes in the Grass - Hybrid man-eating pythons? Florida is on alert

On this day in history: September 17, 1939 - The Soviet Union invades Poland, to fulfill its end of the secret protocols contained in the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact. They partition the country along pre-decided lines.

Born on this day in history: September 17, 1923 - Hank Williams (1923 - 1953) Born in Mount Olive West, Alabama, singer-songwriter Hank Williams began recording for MGM Records in 1949, and caused a sensation at the Grand Ole Opry with "Lovesick Blues," which hit No. 1 on the country charts. Called the "hillbilly Shakespeare," Williams left a legacy of 100 classic country songs.

Scripture of the Day: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. — Psalm 23:4

Video of the Day: Canadian Bow Hunter Gets Attacked - submitted by Darin





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this vehicle parked at Walmart as I drove to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.






Technology News
Comcast to bring TV to phones
Phone calling coming to Twitter
New scam adds live chat to phishing attack
Wi-Fi flowers sprouting across U.S.

iPhone News
Free app PandoraBox tracks down free and on-sale iPhone apps
iPhone OS 3.1 plugs 10 security bugs
Get an iPhone dock for almost nothing