Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now?, Animal Kingdom, -and- Surf's Down


Can You Hear Me Now? - man sentenced for biting off rival's ear
Animal Kingdom - repair shop finds live goat in car trunk
Surf's Down - illegal downloaders in Britain my lose Web access

On this day in history: August 25, 2001 - Rhythm and blues singer Aaliyah and 8 others die in a plane crash on the island of Abaco in the Bahamas. Excessive weight aboard the tail end likely caused the plane to go down.

Born on this day in history: August 25, 1930 - Sean Connery (1930 - ) Born in Edinburgh, Scotland, actor Sean Connery was cast in "Dr. No" as Ian Fleming's secret agent James Bond in 1963, which made him an international star. He won an Oscar as an aging Irish cop in "The Untouchables" (1987). Connery was knighted in 1999.

Scripture of the Day: Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. — Proverbs 3:3-4

Video of the Day: Carjacking Gone Wrong - submitted by Darin





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while driving to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.





Cool Weather This morning, Mr. Nitro's exterior temperature probe registered a relatively frosty 57° as I drove to my office at 6:30 AM. Brrrr.

Windows 7 I am a Microsoft Partner. One of the benefits of this is the availability of software via the MAPS (Microsoft Action Pack Subscription) program. I downloaded Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit yesterday. This will be put on Phoebe (my HP 17" Core Duo notebook. This morning, I am downloading Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. This will be put on my HP Core 2 Quad workstation. I shall report my findings with this new OS when I have spent some time with it.

Juliette Lewis We watched Juliette Lewis and her new band, the New Romantics, in concert last night. We had no idea that she was a powerful, energetic, and very talented singer, songwriter, and performer. We were thoroughly impressed. The 36-year-old actress performed very impressively. Laura was prompted to ferret about in Wikipedia for details on Juliette Lewis and learned the disturbing fact that she is a Scientologist! We prayed that God would send someone into her life to lead her to Christ and away from this abhorrent group!

Technology News
SmarterFox packs productivity wallop
Wikipedia to add editing safeguard for the living

iPhone News
Rhapsody for iPhone on the way to the App Store