Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Animal House, Flying High, -and- Enjoy Your Trip


Animal House - 102 animals removed from home
Flying High - American flag will remain at Clearwater parks, buildings
Enjoy Your Trip - Lufthansa promises sunshine on holiday or money back

On this day in history: August 5, 1983 - Yankees outfielder Dave Winfield is charged in Toronto with cruelty to animals after fatally beaning a seagull with a baseball.

Born on this day in history: August 5, 1930 - Neil Armstrong (1930 - ) Born in Wapakoneta, Ohio, astronaut Neil Armstrong was a fighter pilot in Korea and later a civilian test pilot. In 1969, he, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins led the Apollo 11 expedition. Armstrong was the first man to set foot on the Moon.

Scripture of the Day: He answered, "Do you not know what these are?" "No, my lord," I replied. So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty." — Zechariah 4:5-6

Video of the Day: Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler "Layla" Live





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while stopping at a client's on the way to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.







Technology News
Nikon digital camera is first with projector
Google refreshes Street View Web site
Some Tweets now out of bounds at ESPN

iPhone News
Netflix expected to launch watch-instantly streaming video for iPhone
Find your iPhone with Beep My Cell
iPhone robot