Monday, July 20, 2009

You May Kiss the Bride, Man's Best Friend, -and- Family Affair


You May Kiss the Bride - drive-through weddings offered at Florida store for $20
Man's Best Friend - terrier dies in hot car while owner auditions for "American Idol"
Family Affair - man fights with sister, sells her possessions at yard sale

On this day in history: July 20, 1923 - While driving his 1919 Dodge, retired revolutionary Pancho Villa is ambushed and assassinated. But even with 16 gunshot wounds he still manages to kill one of his attackers. Curiously, Villa's head is stolen from his grave three years later and never recovered.

Born on this day in history: July 20, 1947 - Carlos Santana (1947-) Born in Autlán de Navarro, Mexico, musician Carlos Santana began playing guitar at 8. In 1966, he formed the Santana Blues Band, and their debut album went triple platinum. Santana earned his first Grammy in 1987. A decade later, Santana won Grammys in every category, tying Michael Jackson’s 1983 record.

Scripture of the Day: "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'" — Matthew 25:21

Video of the Day: Funny Mini Cooper Commercial - submitted by Frank





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while driving to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.





It was HOT Friday! The entire weekend was very hot, in fact, and this week promises to be 105+ throughout the week!





Saturday,I grilled spicy chicken wings and Johnsonville brats. The following photographs were taken with my iPhone.










I boiled the wing segments for 20 minutes. I drained them and placed them on a wooden cutting board to cool and dry. I placed them in a large zip-lock bag and added 2/3 of a large bottle of Louisiana Pure Hot Sauce, 1/4 cup honey, and a tablespoon of crushed red peppers. I allowed this to sit in the refrigerator for 5 hours. Laura turned the bag every hour. On the grill, I cooked the wings using medium indirect heat. Every 30 minutes, I brushed the wings with the marinade. They cooked for 2 hours and were unimaginably tender, moist, and succulent. The chicken wings were easily the best I have ever eaten! I made an exceptional potato salad to accompany the chicken wings and brats.

Sunday, I grilled baby back ribs. I did not photograph this event. The ribs were delicious, however.

Technology News
New space station toilet out of order
Touch screen features in Windows 7
Kazaa to return as subscription service

iPhone News
The proper way to set up MobileMe on an iPhone
Google Mobile gets local with iPhone 3.0