Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hot Air, The Kids Are Alright, -and- Man's Best Friend


Hot Air - Gore's hometown sees coldest July since 1977
The Kids Are Alright - Boy Scouts save man from drowning
Man's Best Friend - gadget translates dog's woofs into words

On this day in history: July 22, 1376 - The Pied Piper of Hamelin makes off with the town's rats and children.

Born on this day in history: July 22, 1947 - Danny Glover (1947- ) Born in San Francisco, actor Danny Glover got his break in "The Color Purple" (1985). He went on to play both villains and heroes, starring in the "Lethal Weapon" movie series. In 1998, Glover was appointed a UN goodwill ambassador.

Scripture of the Day: "... I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." - John 17:23

Video of the Day: Guitar Hero 5: Carlos Santana Trailer - submitted by Darin





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this sign while driving to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.





Technology News
Solar air conditioners to cool California facility
Former Apple executive now works for Microsoft

iPhone News
The New Yorker magazine optimized for iPhone
Camera Zoom 1.1 app released for iPhone 3.0
BatteryLife app for iPhone shows battery condition