Thursday, July 02, 2009

Ants!, Wake Up Little Sushi, -and- Matters of Life and Death


Ants! - mega colony conquers Earth
Wake Up Little Sushi - Japanese scientists to breed super tuna
Matters of Life and Death - Planned Parenthood admits "bending" rules

On this day in history: June 2, 1937 - Attempting to become the first female pilot to circumnavigate the globe in an airplane, Amelia Earhart disappears over the Pacific with her navigator, Fred Noonan.

Born on this day in history: June 2, 1947 - Larry David (1947-) Born in Brooklyn, New York, producer, writer and actor Larry David began doing stand-up comedy in New York nightclubs in 1974. In 1989, he and Jerry Seinfeld developed the legendary 'Seinfeld' series, which David wrote and produced until 1996. In 1999, David created the 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' series for HBO, which won a Golden Globe in 2003.

Scripture of the Day: After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you." — John 17:1

Video of the Day: What to Do in a Zombie Attack





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while passing the Post Office this morning on the way to my office! Click to enlarge.





Happy July 4th!

Depending upon how much I accomplish today and how eager I am to lounge about tomorrow, I may or may not open my office tomorrow. If I do not open my office, I most likely will not post a blog entry tomorrow. For this reason, I wish to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy July 4th!