Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Animal Kingdom, Surf's Down, -and- Brave New Schools


Animal Kingdom - police arrest dog for chewing owner's rent money
Surf's Down - recording industry wants to ban woman from downloading
Brave New Schools - seventh grader sues school over right to wear pro-life T-shirt

On this day in history: July 7, 1665 - King Charles II and his entourage flee London, a city suffering the ravages of the black plague. At this point, about 2,000 Londoners are dying weekly.

Born on this day in history: July 7, 1980 - Michelle Kwan (1980-) Born in Torrance, California, figure skating champion Michelle Kwan began skating at five, winning her first competition a year later. Kwan went on to capture the world title five times.

Scripture of the Day: "And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD." — Ezekiel 38:23

Video of the Day: iPhone Trick - submitted by Cindy





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while driving to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.





The New Grill

The new grill was scheduled to arrive yesterday. It did not. The tracking information on the shipper's Web site says it will be delivered yesterday. That is not encouraging. I yearn for the sight of flesh charring on the new grill!

Update: 3:25 PM

I "listened to elevator music" (as Cindy suggested) sufficiently long enough to finally reach a live person. He researched the shipment of the grill and reported that it arrived in Red Bluff (about 20 miles north of here) early yesterday morning. He said it is expected to be delivered Thursday morning! That certainly makes the shipping company's name, Nonstop Delivery, a gross misnomer, I would suggest.