Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Homeland Insecurity, Stay on Track, -and- To Protect and Serve


Homeland Insecurity - White House, Pentagon, among targets of sweeping cyber attack
Stay on Track - Metrorail operator caught texting on job
To Protect and Serve - cops buy doughnut shop

On this day in history: July 8, 1997 - Michael Kennedy, son of Robert F. Kennedy, publicly apologizes to his children's babysitter, with whom he had a five year relationship starting when she was age 14. The local district attorney declines to press charges, but Kennedy winds up dead in an apparent skiing accident five months later.

Born on this day in history: July 8, 1961 - Toby Keith (1961-) Musician. Born Toby Keith Covel on July 8, 1961 in Clinton, Oklahoma. Raised in Oklahoma City, Keith started playing music at a young age after being inspired by the musicians who worked in his grandmother's supper club.

Scripture of the Day: Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. — James 5:16

Video of the Day: The Best Cat Video You'll Ever See - submitted by Danica





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while driving to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.





The water leak

A major leak developed suddenly in the plumbing to the bathroom sink here at my office yesterday.

If I had not been waiting past the time I generally leave, because I was tracking the new grill, I would not have realized there was a leak!

If I had not retained the Styrofoam shipping container in which the food items sent my reader Chris arrived, I would have had no way to contain the water flow!

The repair man turned off the water outside the building yesterday, and the Styrofoam container filled only half-way prior to his doing this. He is now repairing the faulty plumbing.