Friday, July 17, 2009

Fighting Back, Too Sexy for My Job, -and- Call Ahead


Fighting Back - "I had to get my gun" said Mableton man, 83, in shoot-out with home invader
Too Sexy for My Job - female prison officer claims forced out after compliments from inmates
Call Ahead - police chief denounces iPhone users monitoring speed traps

On this day in history: July 17, 1944 - At 10:18 PM, the merchant ship SS E.A. Bryan, packed with 4,606 tons of ammunition, suddenly explodes at the Port Chicago naval base north of Oakland, California. The apocalyptic blast breaks windows in San Francisco, 48 miles away, and the seismic shock is felt as far as Boulder City, Nevada. All 320 personnel on duty are killed instantly.

Born on this day in history: July 17, 1934 - Donald Sutherland (1934– ) Film actor, born in St John, New Brunswick, E Canada. He studied at the University of Toronto, and for a time at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London.

Scripture of the Day: "As you [God] sent me [Jesus] into the world, I have sent them into the world." — John 17:18

Video of the Day: Baby Aye-Aye from Bristol Zoo





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while driving to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.





Technology News
Mozilla 3.5.1 fixes Javascript hole
The decade's 25 biggest tech flops
Guns N' Roses song leaker sentenced, probe continues

iPhone News
iPhone coverage at 11,000 feet
VoiceCentral integrates Google Voice with the iPhone
iPhone projector