Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gleep!, Brave New Schools, -and- Drop the Keys"


Gleep! - gecko inspires new kind of "Band-Aid"
Brave New Schools - educators say evolution still "theory"
Drop the Keys! - man gets 8 years for 19 DUIs, license suspended forever

On this day in history: February 20, 1971 - An erroneous warning is emitted on the Emergency Broadcast System causing a number of stations to go off the air, and others to completely ignore the alert (thus pointing out that many key stations would not react to any emergency broadcast over the system.)

Born on this day in history: February 20, 1967 - Kurt Cobain (1967-1994) Born in Hoquaim, WA, musician Kurt Cobain and friend Krist Novoselic formed rock band Nirvana (1986), which performed music dubbed “grunge.” Nirvana’s breakthrough hit "Nevermind" sold ten million copies, earning a reported $550 million in the U.S. alone. Cobain, who married rock singer Courtney Love in 1992, began using heroin and suffered in and out of treatment until his suicide by shotgun in 1994.

Scripture of the Day: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

Video of the Day: John Deere: No More Lumberjacks - submitted by
Frank





Are you talkin' to me? What do you mean I lost?!?





Sorry, Mom!





For dinner last evening, I made penne with sun-dried tomatoes and grilled chicken breast. I placed into a stainless-steel mixing bowl sliced white onion, sliced white mushrooms, minced garlic, diced sun-dried tomatoes, ground black pepper, Italian seasoning, and Tony Chachere's More Spice. I sliced three grilled chicken breasts and placed into another stainless-steel mixing bowl. I cooked a box of Barilla penne until al dente, drained, and set aside. Laura sautéed the vegetables in extra-virgin olive oil. When done, she added the chicken and stirred. She then added the penne, stirred, transferred to a large pasta bowl, and stirred. At the table, we added DiGiorno grated Parmesan cheese and crushed red peppers. It was wonderful.