Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Drive My Car, Good News, -and- No Safe Harbor


Drive My Car - 25 worst U.S. cities for commuting
Good News - GodTube.com puts Christian worship online
No Safe Harbor - armed teen nabbed in church after robbing Macy's

On this day in history: February 6, 1983 - Klaus Barbie, the "Butcher of Lyon" who had been living as a mild-mannered Bolivian businessman, charged with Nazi war crimes. He is later sentenced to life imprisonment and dies in 1991.

Born on this day in history: February 6, 1945 - Bob Marley (1945–81) Born near Kingston, Jamaica, reggae musician Bob Marley first recorded at age 19, and, in 1965, formed, The Wailers, which popularized music with political themes and infectious rhythms. A disciple of Rastafarianism, Marley was a charismatic spokesman, famous for such worldwide hits as "No Woman, No Cry" and "I Shot the Sheriff."

Scripture of the Day: So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. - Colossians 2:6-7

Video of the Day: New American Gladiators – Rejected Auditions – submitted by Darin





Snow in Corning! It was January 28, 2002, when last it snowed here. Here
is RAMMMMM in the snow! Click to enlarge.






Ice! There was ice on Mr. Nitro's windshield this morning. It was cold last night, apparently. The ice was thin, and only a brief run of the defroster and a few swipes of the wipers was necessary to remove it. The weather forecast for the next several days looks very promising: Lows of 37-38 degrees and highs of 59-62 degrees are expected.

I dreamed last night that I looked at my watch and declared that it was 6:30 AM and time for me to leave for the office. Laura said, "No. It is noon. You are very late!" I looked at my watch more closely and saw that it was upside-down on my wrist. It was, in fact, noon.

This dream is particularly odd, since I do not own a watch. I arrived at my office at 6:30 AM, however.