Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Let's Trade!, Is It Art?, -and- Heat of the Moment


Let's Trade! - parents agree to swap children after birth mix-up
Is It Art? - Frenchwoman on trial for kissing painting
Heat of the Moment - judge rules Gore climate film requires guidance notes

On this day in history: October 10, 1994 - Evel Knievel is arrested in a Sunnyvale, California topless bar for beating 22-year-old girlfriend Krystal Kennedy back at the Comfort Inn motel.

Born on this day in history: October 10, 1813 - Giuseppe Verdi (1813 - 1901) composer He was the leading opera composer in the 19th c.; his works include "Rigoletto," 1851; "Il trovatore," 1853; "La traviata," 1853.

Scripture of the Day: "Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:20-21)

Video of the Day: Monkey Dance - submitted by Chris





Here is a photograph I took of a friend's cat approximately ten years ago.
Click to enlarge.






I arose and walked to the bedroom window this morning and saw that it had rained during the night. I took a shaved and took a shower. I was dressing when the alarm clock awakened me! Imagine my disappointment when I realized I would have to do it all over again!

For dinner last evening, I placed three boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a large casserole dish, seasoned with Red Monkey Cajun spice, layered sliced onions, fresh baby spinach, sliced red bell pepper, sliced white mushrooms, and three heads of peeled garlic cloves. I sprinkled more Red Monkey Cajun spice atop the vegetables, affixed the lid, and cooked for 40 minutes in the microwave, on power level three. It was delicious.