Friday, October 12, 2007

I Can Hear You Now!, Meet George Jetson, -and- I Don't


I Can Hear You Now! - artist implants "third ear" on own arm
Meet George Jetson - flying car about to take off?
I Don't - researcher says humans will wed robots

On this day in history: October 12, 1969 - Police capture Charles Manson at Barker Ranch, inside Death Valley National Park. Charlie is arrested for arson, after burning a maintenance vehicle blocking his favorite dune buggy route. One of his followers, Susan Atkins, is arrested the following day and spills the beans about the Tate/LaBianca murderers. Manson has not left prison since.

Born on this day in history: October 12, 1935 - Luciano Pavarotti (1935 - 2007) lyric tenor He was the outstanding tenor of his generation, noted for his mastery of the highest notes of a tenor's range.

Scripture of the Day: "Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:20-21)

Video of the Day: The Bouncing Ball





Construction is now completed for the deck at the rear of our house. It is larger than I had anticipated. Click to enlarge.






The rain has arrived! It was sprinkling lightly as I left my house at 6:55 AM. The rainfall quickly increased, and it is now raining heavily. Pastor Rob Kee of Harvest Christian Center told me recently that October 31 is the last day on which it is acceptable to wear shorts. I am determined to reach this date. I have made the concession of wearing socks with my sandals today, however. I am pleased that Mr. Nitro's fuel tank is full and grocery shopping was done yesterday. Rain is forecast for the next several days. I see no grilling in the near future, sadly.

For dinner last evening, we had salmon fillets and steamed cauliflower with garlic cloves. I cleaned and separated a head of cauliflower and placed in a covered casserole dish, added a head of peeled garlic cloves, and seasoned with sea salt and Red Monkey Lemon Pepper Spice. I seasoned two large salmon fillets with Red Monkey Lemon Pepper Spice and brushed them with teriyaki sauce. I steamed the cauliflower and garlic in the microwave on high for five minutes. I pan-seared the salmon fillets in a large sauté pan, skin-side down, until the meat turned opaque. It was an incredible delicious meal.