Thursday, October 04, 2007

Animal Kingdom, Incredible Hulk, -and- To Serve and Protect


Animal Kingdom - FL woman killed by her two pit bulls
Incredible Hulk - Royal Marine lifts two-ton truck off comrade
To Serve and Protect - LA deputies compete in arrest contests

On this day in history: October 4, 1970 - Janis Joplin accidentally overdoses on an unusually-pure dose of heroin at the Landmark Motor Hotel in Los Angeles.

Born on this day in history: October 4, 1822 - Rutherford B. Hayes (1822 - 1893) president (19th). He brought post-Civil War Reconstruction to an end in the South and who tried to establish new standards of official integrity.

Scripture of the Day: "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth." (Proverbs 27:1)

Video of the Day: Duet - submitted by Cindy





I found this little guy perched upon the fence in front of my house as I was leaving for the office this morning. He was friendly and appeared in need of companionship, so I brought him to the office with me. Click to enlarge.






Last evening was the beginning of Bible college for Laura and me at Harvest Christian Center. It was an exciting evening, we anticipate learning a good deal, and we enthusiastically anticipate the next class. We shall be attending classes each Wednesday evening. It has been a great many years since last I attended a class, and I was very pleasantly surprised to find that my note-taking skills were still very good. I managed to fill five pages in my notebook with very legible notes during the class.