Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Road Rage, Firestopper, -and- Home Improvements


Road Rage - motorist attacks speed-camera operator
Firestopper - 9-year-old girl saves 34 from fire
Home Improvement - man gets jail time for property fixes

On this day in history: August 28, 2005 - Death Row Records founder Suge Knight is shot in the leg during an early morning party in Miami Beach, Florida.

Born on this day in history: August 28, 1828 - Leo Tolstoy (1828 - 1910) novelist, philosopher. He is known as one of the world's greatest novelists; wrote "War and Peace," 1865-69 and "Resurrection," 1899.

Scripture of the Day: “Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” (John 6:29)

Video of the Day: Chuck Norris Mountain Dew Commercial - submitted by Laura





[While I slept] A knocking at the door roused me from my attention to a crossword puzzle I was completing online. I rose and walked to the door. A beautiful, young lady stood there. “Hello,” she said, “I am Rosanne, and this is my daughter, Lucy. We have fresh tamales for sale. Would you like some fresh tamales?” “One moment, please,” I replied. I called Laura at her office and asked her whether she desired some fresh tamales for dinner. She said that sounded wonderful. “Come in, please,” I said to Rosanne and her lovely daughter. They entered the house, and I asked them to be seated, pointing to the sofa. They sat, and my cat, Zeus, appeared, walked to Lucy, and began rubbing against her legs. “Hi, kitty,” Lucy said. She appeared to be approximately 10 years of age. “What’s your name?” To my great surprise, Zeus answered! “My name is Zeus. But you can call me ‘Triple Digit,’ ‘cause I’m hawt!” “I’ll call you ‘Triple D’ for short,” Lucy said, and she began petting Zeus.

[While I was awake]
I used the Mr. Clean Pro-Series AutoDry Car Wash System this morning for the first time, and I am amazed by the results! I washed my Dodge Nitro R/T and Laura's Toyota Yaris. The cars dried absolutely without spots. They look cleaner and shinier than they ever have following previous washes. The Nitro was in the shade, but the Yaris was mostly in the sun and still dried completely spot-free.

The Pro-Series kit comes with a wash mitt, a wheel scrubber, a filter, soap, the sprayer unit, and quick-attach/detach connector.

First, the vehicle is sprayed with water. Next, the sprayer is turned to the soap setting, and the vehicle is covered with soap. The mitt is used to wipe the vehicle, ensuring all dirt and scum is removed. The sprayer is turned to the rinse setting, and the soap is rinsed away. There is a high-powered spray setting for stubborn dirt. Lastly, the sprayer is set to the auto-dry setting, and the vehicle is sprayed with filtered water.

The results are absolutely amazing. The vehicles have never looked this clean and shiny. They look as if they have just been waxed!

For some reason, my system had no washer in the quick-connect unit that attaches to the hose, so I had to supply one. I assume this was an oversight at the factory, since no mention is made of the need to insert a washer in the owner's manual and yet the unit could not possibly work without a washer present.

I bought the Mr. Clean Pro-Series AutoDry Car Wash System from Auto Barn (http://www.autobarn.com) for $39.95. The Pro-Series model is about $10 more than the standard model but is well worth it, in my opinion.

I have to say, this unit really impressed me! Generally, I watch television commercials and laugh at the claims they make. I did the same when I saw the Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System commercial. Later, however, I became curious and did some research. I read a good many reports from people with expensive black cars who praised the performance of the system, so I decided to try it. It is 100% as advertised!