Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ungodly, Hero, -and- Tall Tale


Ungodly - NY city bans religious groups from using public facilities
Hero - driver saves 17 kids from burning bus
Tall Tale - man marries woman two feet shorter

On this day in history: March 29, 1992 - Arkansas Governor and Presidential candidate Bill Clinton tells the New York Times: "When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again."

Born on this day in history: March 29, 1918 - Pearl Bailey (1918 - 1990) singer, actress. She was best known for her starring role in "Hello Dolly", 1967-69.

Today's Video: See You in Church submitted by Laura.

VIDEOS: The videos are now available via the link "Amazing and Amusing Videos" in the Links section, below the visitor counter.

The wind continues to howl! The sun is shining brightly, and the sky is blue, but the birds are not singing!

Last night's dinner: I peeled a large sweet potato and cut it into 2-inch cubes. I peeled a large white onion and cut it into six sections. I arranged the sweet potato and onion in a Pyrex baking dish, seasoned with Cajun seasoning, covered with a damp paper towel, and cooked in the microwave on high for seven minutes. I cut the leftover grilled pork tenderloin from Monday's dinner into four sections and added to the Pyrex dish. I covered the dish with aluminum foil and placed it in the oven at 170 degrees for 90 minutes. The white onion was sweet and very tasty, the sweet potato was wonderfully creamy and delicious, and the pork tenderloin was juicy and delightful. The juice that accumulated in the baking dish was incredible. We drizzled it over our sweet potato.