Friday, October 09, 2009

To Protect and Serve, Super-size Me!, -and- Catch Me If You Can


To Protect and Serve - mystery "police" force has small Montana town on edge
Super-size Me! - angry couple accused of assaulting McDonald's workers over wrong-size fries
Catch Me If You Can island-hopping U.S. teen burglar eludes police

On this day in history: October 9, 1989 - Three aliens and their UFO visit Voronezh, USSR, according to the TASS news agency.

Born on this day in history: October 9, 1940 - John Lennon (1940 - 1980 ) Born in Liverpool, England, musician John Lennon was the Beatles rhythm guitarist, keyboard player, vocalist, and, with Paul McCartney, songwriter. Lennon was shot and killed by a deranged fan.

Scripture of the Day: Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. - Psalm 34:9

Video of the Day: Lamp Post Fail - submitted by Darin





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this vehicle in the parking lot at Walmart while driving to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.






My Morning Miracle: Each evening, I place in a small glass bowl the various medications and vitamins I take each morning. I have done this for many, many years. I arise in the morning and take my medications and vitamins by the light on the refrigerator door. This procedure has worked flawlessly, and I have never varied from it—until this morning! I was led by what could only be a voice from God to turn on the kitchen ceiling light. When I looked at the bowl of medications and vitamins, I quickly realized that I had neglected to place into the bowl a very important medication. Had I not been directed to turn on the kitchen light, I would not nave known of this error! Praise God!

Free Anti-virus/Anti-malware from Microsoft:Microsoft offers free anti-virus/anti-malware software. I am using it, and it is quick and effective. I recommend it! Click the following link to go directly to the download site. Microsoft Security Essentials

Technology News
Microsoft prepping "starter" edition of Office 2010
Microsoft to release 13 patches next Tuesday
Microsoft finalizes Exchange 2010

iPhone News
Apple releases OS 3.1.2
The future of iPhone games
USA Today releases iPhone travel app
Rock Band coming to the iPhone
TomTom car kit now available through The Apple Store