Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Reason for the Season, Weapons of Choice, -and- Fly the Friendly Skies


The Reason for the Season - Utah legislator tells retailers to say "Merry Christmas"
Weapons of Choice - Texas gun law battle brewing over "open carry" proposal
Fly the Friendly Skies - drug could cure jet lag

On this day in history: December 3, 1974 - Civil aviation authorities in England issue a warning to pilots to avoid a 40 foot long inflated pig. The aeropork had escaped its tether during a Pink Floyd photo shoot. Radar contact was lost at 18,000 feet.

Born on this day in history: December 3, 1948 - Ozzy Osbourne (1948 - ) Born in Birmingham, England, musician Ozzy Osbourne is known as lead singer of Black Sabbath, which recorded metal anthems like "War Pig"” (1971). He went solo in 1978, cultivating a social misfit image, then struggled with substance abuse. Osbourne regained popularity with reality TV show "The Osbournes," which featured his family.

Scripture of the Day: Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. — 1 Corinthians 12:3

Video of the Day: Budweiser Rocky Horse SuperBowl Commercial - submitted by Jay





The eyes have it! Click to enlarge.






Recommended Sites:
David Louis Harter Photography - a showcase for the photography of David Louis Harter

I had a peculiar dream last night: I dreamed that a woman came to my office and inquired about engaging me to photograph her "...daughter and friends." I asked if this were a birthday party, and she replied, "No. They're practicing for a musical presentation at their school." We agreed upon the fee and a date and time. She gave me a deposit and departed. At the appointed date and time, I met the woman at a local park. She had over a dozen children with her. They appeared to be approximately 12 years of age. The children began performing, and I began photographing them. They danced and sang—performing the musical, "Oklahoma!" Their performances were stunning. I was amazed by their dancing and singing talents. Without benefit of music, they sang perfectly and danced flawlessly. When the shoot was completed, I said to the woman, "I am amazed by the incredible talent of these children." She said, "Well, they're just a bunch of kids playing around." I did not understand her attitude. When I arrived at my office and viewed the images on my computer, the costumes the children had worn were not displayed! Their attire was ordinary daily wear. Gone, also, was the performing grace and skill they had exhibited! Their poses were ungainly and child-like. I awakened.