Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Big, Fighting Back, -and- Fore!


Big - world's largest airliner to serve as private jet
Fighting Back 17-year-old shoots would-be carjacker
Fore! - golfer's bad swing sparks brush fire

On this day in history: June 20, 1993 - Vince Foster, Deputy White House Counsel for President Clinton, apparently commits suicide with an unnumbered pistol at Fort Marcy Park in Virginia. Foster's empty briefcase later turns up at the White House. But after it is searched again, it is miraculously found to contain his suicide note.

Born on this day in history: June 20, 1924 - Chet Atkins (1924 - 2001) musician. "Mr. Guitar" was a virtuoso guitarist who has been associated with Grand Ole Opry since 1950.

Today's Video: Cat Dreams


My excellent friend Chris just sent me a wonderful birthday gift: 5 assorted jugs of Red Monkey Spice Rubs! I have salivated copiously when reading of these spice rubs on his blog! I am most eager to put them to use! There is: Lemon Pepper, Barbeque Spice, Mango Habanera, Cajun Spice, and Savory Steak! I am drooling uncontrollably while fondling the jugs. I must go.