Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Telemarketers, In the News, Zeus, and Enjoy

Telemarketers - Telemarketers are vile!

Please note that I said telemarketers are vile. I did not say telemarketers are evil. While there is certainly the possibility that they are, in fact, evil, that is not a determination I find to be of issue at this juncture.

Yesterday, apparently, was a day in some fashion special to telemarketers. I say this because the number of telemarketer calls to my office number was significantly higher yesterday than is common. Generally, I receive an average of 3 to 5 calls each day. Yesterday, I received over 20 telemarketer calls.

I have no notion of why the calls increased so dramatically yesterday. I can only assume it was some sort of telemarketer event day that was celebrated by telemarketers.

I have a telephone system that speaks the Caller ID aloud. If I suspect the call to be a telemarketer, I simply do not answer, and the telephone system prompts for a message to be left by the caller. While I generally, then, do not answer the call, it is yet a time-consuming task that requires me to direct attention to the call.

I sincerely hope that telemarketer calls return to the earlier frequency!


In the News - They walk among us!

  • From Peppermint Potato Chips to Eggnog Lattes, Companies Add Flavor to the Season
  • Ferrari Unveils 3.1 Million-dollar Car
  • George Clooney Loses Job to Robot
  • School with No Students to Stay Open
  • California Coyote-Killing Contest Faces Ban
    Laura photographed Zeus helping me change the batteries in our bedside clock!

    Enjoy - Relax and enjoy these images and videos!