Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Brave New Schools, You Say It's Your Birthday, -and- The Scarlet Letter


Brave New Schools - kindergarten Pilgrim, Native American costumes banned
You Say It's Your Birthday - 106-year-old woman celebrates birthday on wrong day for a century
The Scarlet Letter - South Korea seeks to jail actress for adultery

On this day in history: November 26, 1975 - Manson family member Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme found guilty of attempting to assassinate President Ford.

Born on this day in history: November 26, 1922 - Charles (Monroe) Schultz (1922 - 2000) Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, cartoonist Charles Schulz submitted a sample strip entitled "Li'l Folks" to many newspapers before United Features accepted it, renaming it "Peanuts" (1950). It became one of the world's most successful strips. Schulz based the Charlie Brown character on himself.

Scripture of the Day: [Jesus said] "Whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" — John 11:26

Video of the Day: Happy Thanksgiving





Laura received a beautiful floral arrangement when she was ill. This is a rose from that floral arrangement. Click
to enlarge.






Thanksgiving is nearly here. I wish to take this opportunity to wish all visitors here a very Happy Thanksgiving. If you are not traveling, I wish you a very happy and festive day at home. If you are traveling, I pray for your safe journey and wish you a happy and festive day at your journey's end.

There will be no blog tomorrow, but the blog will return on Friday. While I do not intend to open my office on Friday, I shall produce the blog on my notebook, from the comfort of my recliner.