Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Cash or Charge?, Crime and Punishment, -and- I Spy


Cash or Charge? - doomsday cult says credit cards satanic
Crime and Punishment - hoax caller jailed for four years
I Spy - CIA enlists Google's help

On this day in history: April 1, 1996 - Wilson Pickett arrested for possession of cocaine, after a screaming, bloodied woman is seen running from his house.

Born on this day in history: April 1, 1932 - Debbie Reynolds (1932-) Born Mary Frances Reynolds in El Paso, TX, actress Debbie Reynolds gained notice in musical "The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady" (1950), and is best known for "Singin' in the Rain" (1952), opposite Gene Kelly. In 1964, she won an Oscar for "The Unsinkable Molly Brown." In later years, Reynolds has split her time among stage, screen and TV appearances.

Scripture of the Day: Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. - Psalm 4:1

Video of the Day: A Bad Cat Day - submitted by Laura





What a difference the wind makes! My first thought when exiting our home this morning was that it was significantly warmer than yesterday morning. I quickly realized that it merely appeared to be warmer, because there was no wind! The strong wind that has plagued us for many days has abated—hopefully, for a long while! The weather forecasts have changed: Rain had been predicted for Wednesday. Now, the forecast is for sunshine and temperatures in the low 70s. This sounds considerably better!

For dinner last evening, we had penne with Johnsonville hot Italian sausage. I cooked a box of Barilla penne until al dente, drained, and set aside. I sliced white onion, red bell pepper, eight white mushrooms, a head of peeled garlic, and grilled Johnsonville hot Italian sausage. Laura seasoned this with Tony Chachere's More Spice and ground black pepper and sautéed in extra-virgin olive oil. When this was cooked, she added the penne, turned the burner to medium-low, and stirred several times. At the table, we added crushed red peppers and DiGiorno Parmesan cheese. It was delightful. We enjoyed a nice bottle of Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon.