Wednesday, July 25, 2007

iDisappointment, Sacrifice, -and- Role Model


iDisappointment - Apple shares fall on iPhone numbers
Sacrifice - Elizabeth Edwards gives up tangerines to fight global warming
Role Model - anger-management instructor arrested for domestic battery

On this day in history: July 25, 1917 - Margaretha Geertruida Zelle, also known as Mata Hari, is found guilty of spying and is sentenced to death.

Born on this day in history: July 25, 1848 - A. J. Balfour (1848 - 1930) statesman He was Prime Minister, 1902-05; wrote "Balfour Declaration," 1917, approving the establishment of Jewish state in Palestine.

Today's Video: Paintjam Dan Dunn - submitted by Frank





Here is a photograph of one of Mr. Nitro's ancestors—a 1949 Dodge Power Wagon. Click to enlarge.






Yesterday, my new Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 arrived. FedEx delivered the mouse at 4 PM, so it was too late to toy with it. I had shopping to perform and dinner plans to complete. Today, I shall fully explore this new Bluetooth mouse. It is to be used with my new HP notebook, which is scheduled to arrive today.

Last week, I migrated my main office system and Laura's home desktop system to Microsoft Office 2007. I shall install Office 2007 on the new notebook tomorrow. Office 2007 is a significant advancement from Office 2003, which I had been using. I am still acclimating myself to all the changes, enhancements, and new features. The HP notebook will have Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate. I am eager to explore this new 64-bit operating system.