Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Call Me!, Coming Out of the Broom Closet, -and- Snatched!


Call Me! - cell-phone use increases risk of infertility
Coming Out of the Broom Closet - pagan club at U of Wisconsin
Snatched! - homeless man steals lobster from Red Lobster

On this day in history: October 24, 1947 - Walt Disney testifies to the House Unamerican Activities Committee, naming Disney employees he believes to be Communists, ranting about how Communists were infiltrating the unions he has to deal with, and how "Commie groups began smear campaigns against [him]."

Born on this day in history: October 24, 1632 - Antonie van Leeuwenhoek (1632 - 1723) biologist. He pioneered lens-grinding and microscopy; discovered protozoa; described bacteria, 1683; studied capillary circulation.

Be certain to watch this hilarious video! Submitted by Laura. Don't Drink and Dance!

NEW FEATURE: The videos are now available via the link "Amazing and Amusing Videos" in the Links section, below the visitor counter.

My cat, Zeus, has recently developed a penchant for swatting at me with his forepaws. He seems to take particular delight in swatting my feet through the covers while I situate myself in bed. I have given him the nickname, "Swat." He sleeps at the foot of our bed, on my side, and is easily awakened if I change positions during the night—quickly going into "swat mode."

This has to be the ultimate rich redneck's RV! Click to enlarge.