Friday, November 06, 2009

When Beauty Queens Attack, Jaws of Death, -and- Surf's Up!


When Beauty Queens Attack - Miss England relinquishes crown after bar fight
Jaws of Death - great whites near shore more often than believed
Surf's Up! - China bans physical punishment for Internet addicts

On this day in history: November 6, 1988 - Beatle/boozehound Ringo Starr checks into an alcohol rehabilitation center. While many consider Ringo the least talented Beatle, he has shown exceptional acting ability in his "Atouk zug zug Lana" role (Caveman, 1981).

Born on this day in history: November 6, 1955 - Maria Shriver (1955 - ) Born in Chicago, Illinois, daughter of diplomat Sargent Shriver and Eunice Kennedy, journalist and California First Lady (2003 - ) Maria Shriver worked in correspondent roles at CBS News from 1978 - 2003. She resigned when husband, actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, became 38th Governor of California. Shriver has written several children's books.

Scripture of the Day: So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" - Hebrews 13:6

Video of the Day: McDonald's Commercial - submitted by Cap'n Jack





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while driving to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.






Let Us Worship! Last evening, I participated in worship rehearsal at Harvest Christian Center. Sunday, I shall perform with the worship team for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed last evening's rehearsal, and I am very enthusiastic about Sunday's worship! It has been many years since I have performed on stage, and I am very excited that my return to public performance will be in the form of worship offered to our Lord! Laura accompanied me last evening and took these photographs with her iPhone:













Technology News
Microsoft: Only six patches next week
Midnight Droid madness in Manhattan
Near-final Thunderbird 3 due next week