Wednesday, November 18, 2009

StopThief!, How Was Your Trip?. -and- Victor/Victoria


Stop Thief! - man with $600 on him arrested for stealing pencil
How Was Your Trip? - Customs agents find woman hiding in luggage
Victor/Victoria - Tampa city council votes to opens women's restroom doors to men

On this day in history: November 18, 1978 - Congressman Leo Ryan is slain at the People's Temple compound in Guyana, after which over 900 members of the cult led by the Reverend Jim Jones drank cyanide laced Flavor Aid (a Kool Aid knockoff).

Born on this day in history: November 18, 1968 - Owen Wilson (1968 - ) Born in Dallas, Texas, actor and writer Owen Wilson is known for his subdued comedic personae, and made his first feature in 1993. He went on to co-write film comedies and appear in big budget films, often with actor Ben Stiller.

Scripture of the Day: But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. - 2 Peter 3:18

Video of the Day: Domino World Record 2009 - submitted by Amber





Imagine my surprise when I encountered this scene while journeying to my office this morning! Click to enlarge.






Life at Home Laura has the cold from which I suffered over the weekend. She came home early from work yesterday and is staying home today. She was reading Piercing the Darkness [Piercing the Darkness, which was published in 1988, is a sequel to Frank E. Peretti's novel This Present Darkness. It shows contemporary views on angels, demons, prayer and the spiritual realm. Piercing the Darkness won the ECPA Gold Medallion Book Award for best fiction in 1990. The book, along with This Present Darkness, has been instrumental in promoting belief among Christians in Territorial Spirits. They have also increased an interest spiritual warfare.] when I arrived home after a grueling day of IT work, scoring worship songs, and working crossword puzzles. I watched an episode of "Chuck" while Laura read. I realize the show is silly, but I really enjoy it! I made a festive dinner of pan-seared New York strip steaks and sautéed mushrooms, red bell pepper, and zucchini. We went abed early. I awoke at 4 AM, feeling that I had enjoyed all the sleep due me. I collected the links for today's blog post, read various online news resources, and enjoyed another episode of "Chuck." Did I mention that I really enjoy that show?

Correction I was mistaken, apparently. Laura is currently reading This Present Darkness.


Hometown Christmas Corning's annual Hometown Christmas will take place Saturday, November 21—featuring Downtown Corning food vendors, craft vendors, live Nativity scene, pictures with Santa, and a lighted parade.





Technology News
Pirate Bay shutting down; are torrents dead?
"YouTube Direct" designed for citizen reporters
T-Mobile says workers sold customer data
The eight most brainless tech rumors