Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Background Uncheck, I Want My MTV!, -and- Nothing to Sing About


Background Uncheck - some US cities eliminate criminal background question
I Want My MTV! - $450 cable bill leads to domestic violence
Nothing to Sing About - singer has suffered non-stop hiccups for 22 months

On this day in history: January 6, 1969 - Future Governor of Georgia Jimmy Carter sees an Unidentified Flying Object in Leary, GA.

Born on this day in history: January 6, 1957 - Nancy Lopez (1957- ) Born in Torrance, CA, golfer Nancy Lopez won the Ladies' Professional Golf Association Championship in 1978, and was voted LPGA player of the year four times, setting the record for the lowest 72-hole score of 268 (1985).

Scripture of the Day: I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD. - Psalm 104:33-34

Video of the Day: Awesome Ford Mustang Commercial - submitted by Chris





Imagine my surprise when I found this creature hiding under my desk this morning! I have no idea what it is. If I knew its origin, I would surely send it home! Click to enlarge.






Recommended Site:
David Louis Harter Photography - a showcase for the photography of David Louis Harter

Top Things for 2008!
Top Mug Shots of 2008!
Sports Illustrated Photos of the Year
Best Quotes of 2008
Naughtiest and Nicest CEOs of 2008
Funniest Stories of 2008

My friend, Frank, visited my office yesterday. We had a nice visit. He is returning to Beserkley today—where he is working as a master tile setter. He told me to expect photographs of the wildlife there, and I shall. If you did not see the video of Frank racing his 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra at the Redding Dragstrip in yesterday's blog, by all means view it!

Frank gave me this link to A fascinating look at the history of ATF through the perspective of badge changes